Tropic of Destiny is a place where you’ll find relatable experiences as I journey into a new life on a tropical island. To get here, I had to make some tough decisions - give up my home that I loved, say goodbye to my friends and family and take that leap into the unknown. What brought me here, and what will I do with my life now that I’m here? The diverse and interesting twists and turns of my life will reveal why this journey is critical to my survival. I have a renewed desire to become the person I’ve always wanted to be, and my creative side will emerge as I have to make my way in a completely new environment.

I’m looking for a simpler and more sustainable life, more authentic relationships that are rooted in face-to-face experiences more than on-line conversations. But it’s more than just that, it’s also a journey from anguish and suffering into a life that respects my own needs. It’s a struggle to free my mind from fears that have followed me through a lifetime of traumatic experiences. I wish I could say my doubts and fears no longer have a role in my existence, but what will happen if I fail?   

After I arrived on the island struggling to make that adjustment, I turned to a dear friend when my doubts would raise a litany of concerns. His words lifted me up and carry me through my days:

“I believe in you and what you are doing and believe that if it is meant to be, then it will be. I don’t worry simply because the journey is just as important as the end goal. You are already successful because you had the courage to actually start the journey. Live and experience every moment that is in front of you. Take a deep breath and absorb each precious memory, the smells, the scenery, people, sights, tastes and sounds for they are the makers of dreams, my dear Jeyna, and you are the Dream maker”.

I invite you to join me on my journey as I share my experiences and navigate the challenges ahead.





#paradise #sunset #Caribbean #tropicofdestiny

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Dream Taking Shape in Sorobon Bay

The Frans brothers accomplished world-class honors as windsurfing pros through years of dedication and hard work. You migh...